Brandywine Virtual Academy (BVA) serves students in grades K-12 through an expansive range of online course offerings that:
- Are available in full-year (1 credit) or half-year (0.5 credit) increments during the school year, as well as available during the summer as advancement or recovery.
- Range from core courses to elective courses, with additional academic, honors and AP levels available.
- Align with Pennsylvania Department of Education standards and accommodate multiple learning styles, abilities and intelligences.
- Are infused with robust vocabulary, teaching and reinforcement practice, real-world situations and various assessment strategies. WebQuests, audio files, videos, podcasts, online textbooks and online discussion boards are some of the ways that technology is integrated into our curriculum.
- Are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Students work through a course at their own pace, and a sample schedule is provided to assist with time management.